Thursday, May 10, 2012

Termination letter from my lady "BOSS"


I am in a competitive world...
I worked hard to build my career....
I sacrificed many things to be a top performer...
Alas.... I am terminated....
I am the Boiled Frog


It was 11:30 PM when I was still working hard in my ODC trying not to hit hard on my lap top key board, I was very much disappointed and felt depressed than ever in my life, when I heard that comment from my BOSS which strike right in the center of my heart. For a few seconds, I couldn't say anything and I kept mum.

"Idiot....Moron....Useless....You are terminated....."

My shoulders become less widen, body bends, lips streched down, I feel less strength and my body reached crouched position. It was like a balloon loosing air. I couldn't make out, why? I started thinking, what went wrong? What made my BOSS to say this? A hell lot of questions started coming to my mind. I began recollecting.

Didnt I worked hard to meet the demands? I remember I sacrifised too many things in my life to make my boss happy. I was in a dilemma on what to do, and I just left the room and started walking. I donno where am I going, I dont have any destination too, but I keep on moving. I felt a numbness in my heart. I walked further and saw one juice junction where I Ordered one drink, I think I have paid the money or may be I have collected my change, sat in one corner not knowing how to solve this dilemma. I sat there for a while staring nowhere. After some time, I found myself sitting on a bench in the midst of woods. I started recollecting.

No!
There is no way my BOSS could say that. I haven't ever heard anything closer to that in my career. Only what I heard is that, "You are really a good performer". I skip my breakfast to catch up the morning meetings, taking coffee frequently to keep my energy level up as I had night outs day before. I still remember those f**k words from my friends when I respond to their lunch calls saying "I have an important mail to be send. You guys carry on". I sacrifised those chat moments with my friends in that little tea shop in the evening. I sacrificed my gym plans, always dreaming about my six pack body while going through the latest edition of MH. And I always stare at those people who hit the gym regularly, while passing by the gymnasium, to be a performer infront of all the pretty girls. I used to imagine myself hitting hard at the keyboard to be a better performer infront of my colleagues. I shifted my attention from gym to the near by pop corn shop and with a foolish smile I started walking straight toward that and order one large and walked back to my ODC thinking about what better could I do next back there.

Afterall, why me?

Skipping food, depending on junk foods, being in love with my chair for a long time, I became more and more obese. I feel too tired but I still push myself harder and harder to become a performer. I got involved myself into those so called hard work and dedication with all the cheerfulness I have. I saw my brand new BlackBerry mobile blinking red indicating a new message had came, for sure it will be any of my friends calling for some get together. As usual I paid my attention to my pc, keeping all those distraction away, dreaming about the brighter future ahead.

Exactly at that moment there comes a popup in my machine with subject on Appreciation and I opened up with a greate pride with heads up and rhym in my head and looking around to show off with a big smile in my face only to see the walls around me in my ODC. And still I felt proud of my self I streched my hands to both side, took a deep breath and eyes closed and big smiley on my face imagining myself at the top of the world. I felt like standing at the top of a mountain and shouting to the entire world saying that I am the one....

Then it came to my mind, even if not the world, I should, atleast inform my wife right now and I took my mobile and dialled her to inform this good news and started expressing my joy as soon as she picks up the call...

And form other end I heard.....

"You Idiot, do you remember that it was our Marriage Anniversay today and you have promised me to go for a dinner? Don't you ever look at your watch to see what time it is. I have been waiting for you as usual and you called me now from your office to inform me that you got an appreciation mail, huh?. You feel that these are the only important things in your life, you moron? Its been long time I am keeping mum and I want tell you now YOU ARE SUCH A USELESS PERSON who could have better married a nice looking pink apple laptop rather than me. Take your lap top home today and have a nice sleep along with it. I have left the key with our security and I am at my home now."

Ouch...I am terminated....

I parked my car, to where the security came and handed over me the key. I walked towards my flat. It was all mechnical, I climbed up the stairs, which I never used, to my flat in the 4th floor as I didn't saw the lift at all which I used to. Corridor was very silent as everyone in that floor are in deep sleep and the only sound I could here was my panting sound in that dark silence.

I entered the room, where someone whom I loved so much was there for me to open the door eventhough I came late from office. I could see all mess in the room indicating how angry my BOSS was. I was soo panting that I kept my laptop and mobile on the tea poy and throw my self into that pretty sofa we bought when we moved in here 3 years ago. I recollect all those fun we had in our initial days when I was in the begining of my Career. And now I much more remember that small story "The Boiling Frog" which I red on those days when I had time for liesure to which I pay less attention and now I am shocked to realize that I am the one, who is boiled out.

I saw the familiar red blink in my BB. I jumped over it, expecting it would be a message from my love saying sorry for talking like that to express her grief. To my disappointment my mobile displays a new mail indicator. Lazily I opened to see whats in and it was an appreciation mail and the content was.

"Well done !!
You have done an extra ordinary work.
Congratulation for keeping up this performance. Expecting more from you."

****** No offence to those who work hard and perform well please. A thought came to my mind while I was leaving office late, how it could be for a person who doesnt manage his work life balance. It is tough to be at top in this competitive world and Hats off to those performers who enjoy their life.******

No comments:

Post a Comment